Groundhog Day

6:00 AM



On February 2, 2011, two years ago tomorrow, I found out that yours truly was pregnant.

I took a pregnancy test at work.

On my lunch break.

And might have said a few cusses in the stall.

I then sat at my desk and stared out the window the rest of the day with a huge smile on my face and a huge secret in my heart.

I couldn't wait to get home to tell Kris.  I bought him a little onsie that said "My Daddy Rock's" along with a Valentine's Day card from a little kid.  Oh man was he so very confused.  After he finally figured it out and said "Are you pregnant or something?" the conversation we had we will keep private.  The special moment we shared together should be between us two. 



How could we know that in 8 short months (exactly 10/2/11) our lives would be blessed beyond what anyone deserves.  Our precious surprise #1.

I will ALWAYS love Groundhog Day.  Shadow or no shadow.  

(But, we don't want him to see it, right?  I can never remember.)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook