Ballerina

9:40 AM



We started Avery in to ballet classes last week.  It was fun to get her excited for "dance class" but I don't think she realized what she was really getting into.

Last Tuesday we didn't have her leotard and tights so she just showed up street style in leggings & a T.  Kris took about a million pictures and we were both on the verge of tears the whole time.  There is just something magical about seeing your baby girl growing up in front of your eyes.

Kris would look at me and say "Are you crying?"  I say, "NO!"  But...I was.  Avery was literately smiling from ear to ear the WHOLE class.  From stretching to leaping through the air.

She was the new girl in class but she was brave and confident.  We were the only parents that stayed the whole class and she would look at us occasionally with a huge smile and thumbs up.  Wouldnt it be so amazing if, as adults, we could just jump right into something we love with no fear.  No concept of judgement.  Only pure happiness and joy.  I think that's what hit my heart the most.  She was actually dancing in her happiness.  Sorry for the lame pun.

Anyway--here are pictures from LAST night's ballet class.  We have her leotard and tights but we are still waiting for her slippers to come in (have I mentioned her rather large feet?).







 Point those toes, baby girl!




 Hands on your hips!


 Plie.  We need to work on that posture.


First position.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook