Rub-a-Dub-Dub

8:43 AM


A few times a week, after we eat dinner and I have bored of sitting on the couch a nice warm bath sounds so fantastic. 

Just imagine...weightlessness.  Soaking my achy feet and total relaxation.  Can you picture it?

However, this is usually what happens:

I anxiously fill the tub then dip my foot in that light blue slightly steaming...HOT HOT TOOO HOT must add cold water.  I think I burned my toe!

Ok.  Fixed!  I added some cold water.  Now, I hesitantly get in that....dang it, now, luke warm bath; not even warm enough to stay in for five minutes.  Ughhh.  Turn the hot faucet on full blast and swirl the water around to try and make the water a perfect temperature.

Well, my feet are sure warm but my shoulders are freezing.  Oh well.  Just, relax!  Close your eyes and let your cares fade away, Stephanie.

Deep breath.

"KRIS!!  Kris come talk to me!  I'm bored!"

I can only take a bath for about 5 minutes and then I am painfully bored.  Even if I bring a book in with me, I somehow find a way to become uncomfortable and the steady drip of the old bath drain is all I can focus on. Drip, drip, drippppppppp.  It seems to know how annoying it is and wants to get me outta there.

I try.  I truly try to relax and savor this "alone" time before I become a mother.  But, I fail.  I fail 99 out of the 100 times.

Maybe I need to get a bathtub neck pillow?

Anyway, I apologize for a whole week of not posting.  Work has been crazy busy (per usual) and I don't even want to look at a computer when I get home.  But, even if I wanted too, Kris is working on it until midnight most nights anyway.

Getting my cervix checked today for the first time to see if I am dilated/effaced (whatever that means)!

Bring on those stir-up's!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. that is so funny sounds just like me! haha I take a bath most nights of the week, and its seriously for 5 min total because I get so bored even when i've had the most stressful days and need my alone time haha. But on those days I climb in bed and tell rob to keep makayla out, until he gets bored of watching her then she comes jumping in on the bed but by that time I'm somewhat ready for crazy kid again =)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook